- THE OTHER TWIN by L.V. Hay; Orenda books, on-sale 11/15/17 (ISBN: 978-1910633786).
- DEAR MR. M by Herman Koch; Hogarth, paperback on-sale 6/6/17 (ISBN: 978-1101903346).
- BLOCK 46 by Johana Gustawsson; Orenda Books, on-sale 10/1/17 (ISBN: 978-1910633700).
- SECURITY by Gina Wohlsdorf; Algonquin, paperback on-sale 5/23/17 (ISBN: 978-1616206932).
- CURSED by Thomas Enger; Orenda Books, on-sale 2/15/17 (ISBN: 978-1910633649).
LITTLE BOY BLUE by M.J. Arlidge; Berkley Publishing, on-sale 10/4/16 (ISBN: 978-1101991374).
- September, 2017: The Thrill Begins, Interview with David Lagercrantz http://thrillbegins.com/2017/09/11/lagercrantz/
- July, 2017: The Thrill Begins, "Running a Successful Newsletter" http://thrillbegins.com/2017/07/05/newsletter/
- June, 2017: Select Specs, "Fashion Fit for a Coffee Run" https://www.selectspecs.com/fashion-lifestyle/fashion-fit-for-a-coffee-run/
- April, 2017: Independent Publishers Group, "Top Tips from Our Favorite #InfluencersOfInstagram" http://www.ipgbook.com/blog/top-tips-from-our-favorite-influencersofinstagram/
- March, 2017: Scandinavia On My Mind, "Top 5 Nordic Noir Novels" http://scandinaviaonmymind.com/five-nordic-noir-novels-read-die/
- April, 2016: Binge on Books Podcast, "Most Anticipated 2016 Books" http://bingeonbooks.com/most-anticipated-books-for-2016-a-podcast-four-way/
- October, 2017: The Writer Awards Best Book Blogs of 2017 https://commaful.com/play/thewriterawards/the-book-blogger-awards-2017/
- September, 2017: Ten Greatest's Top Book Review Blogs: http://www.10greatest.com/a-guide-to-top-book-review-blogs/
- September, 2017: Shout About's Best Book Review Blogs: http://www.shoutabout.org/review/best-book-review-blogs/
- July, 2017: #8 in FeedSpot's Top 50 Crime Novel Blogs: http://blog.feedspot.com/crime_novel_blogs/
- June, 2017: FeedSpot's Top 100 Novel Review Blogs: http://blog.feedspot.com/novel_blogs/
- June, 2017: FeedSpot's Top 100 Book Review Blogs: http://blog.feedspot.com/bookreview_blogs/
- November, 2016: FeedSpot's Top 100 Book Review Blogs: http://blog.feedspot.com/bookreview_blogs/
One of my 2018 goals for Crime by the Book is to find new and even better ways to connect you with crime books that will be exactly what you’re looking for. To serve this purpose, I’m testing out a new blog feature today - a monthly list of “Recommended New Releases”! I’ll always use my blog to write full reviews of the crime books I’m reading - but this list will help you get a quick overview of the new CBTB-recommended crime fiction releasing each month, and will provide links to my full reviews (and any relevant Author Q&A’s or “extras”) for each book.
There are a handful of authors whose books have been central to Crime by the Book—and Clare Mackintosh is one of them. In her newest release LET ME LIE, Claire showcases yet another facet of her talent, delving into a story that is perhaps her lightest in suspense yet, but that explores family dynamics - and secrets - to great effect. LET ME LIE is heart-tugging, tense, and subtle… so subtle, in fact, that I didn’t even know how wrong everything I thought I knew was until the book’s gut-punch ending.
If there’s one recommendation request I get all the time on Crime by the Book, it’s this one! I’ve had numerous inquiries from CBTB readers looking for a reading list of my most-recommended domestic thrillers - and today, I'm putting together a list exactly like that! Here you'll find a roundup of some of the addictive, twisty, entertaining domestic thrillers that I personally love - and that are also at the top of my most-recommended list. If you're in the mood for a suspense novel that's fast-paced and binge-worthy, you've come to the right place!
A.J. Finn’s Hitchcockian thriller THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW has taken the book world by storm, debuting at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list and earning rave reviews from critics and readers across the country - and this week, I had the chance to sit down with him and talk crime writing, psychological thrillers, Hitchcock films, and a whole lot more! This was an incredible opportunity to learn about one of the hottest crime books in the world right now with its author, and I’m thrilled to share our conversation with you today.
Happy publication day to THE CHALK MAN by C.J. Tudor, an exceptional debut thriller that is bound to be one of my favorites of 2018! THE CHALK MAN is poised to be an instant-favorite for fans of Stephen King, Stranger Things, and psychological thrillers with the rich character development of Liz Nugent and engaging plotting of Ruth Ware. C.J. visited New York this fall, and I had the chance to sit down with her and ask her a few of my most pressing questions about THE CHALK MAN - and I’m delighted to share our interview with you today!
I’m delighted to welcome author Will Dean to Crime by the Book today to chat about his debut thriller, DARK PINES! This book has garnered major buzz in the book blogging community, and it’s easy to see why: from its gorgeous cover to its ambitious female protagonist to its author’s fascinating backstory, this is a debut with huge appeal - and a read that delivers. I was thrilled to have a chance to ask a few questions of Will - and was fascinated by what I learned about his book. Read on for more information on DARK PINES, and to get a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the book from the author himself!
2018 is poised to be a fantastic year for crime fiction, and I want to help you build the perfect crime reading list for it! Throughout 2018, I'll be sharing season-specific lists of my “Most-Anticipated Crime Books”; you can expect 4 lists like this from me in 2018. Today’s list focuses on early 2018 releases—aka books releasing between January 2018 and April 2018! From Nordic Noir to psychological suspense and a whole lot more, this spring will have crime readers covered—and my list will help you find the best of the best in new crime fiction.
TANGERINE by Christine Mangan (on sale March 27th, 2018) is a richly imagined and impeccably delivered suspense novel sets a plot worthy of Patricia Highsmith against the backdrop of dazzling, almost larger-than-life 1950’s Morocco. Come for TANGERINE’s stunning package and superb early praise; stay for its razor-sharp portrayal of obsession and manipulation, set against movie-worthy scenery. In a story humming with interpersonal tension and simmering with the heat and haze of Morocco, Mangan weaves an outstanding and transportive thriller that will delight fans of Patricia Highsmith, Gillian Flynn, and Alfred Hitchcock.
Happy 2018, reader! This year promises to be a fantastic one for crime fiction - from buzzy psychological thrillers to gripping serial killer thrillers and chilling Nordic Noir, 2018 will have crime fiction readers covered… and it’s not wasting any time. Today, the very first “New Release Tuesday” of the new year, marks publication day for one of the year’s most highly-anticipated debut psychological thrillers, and a bundle of re-releases from one of Scandinavia’s foremost female crime writers. Grab a cup of coffee and settle in - this blog post will walk you through the new releases that are worth checking out this week!
Iceland’s Queen of Crime Yrsa Sigurdardottir brings her newest series to the US in February, and it’s an absolute knockout. THE LEGACY launches the Children’s House Series with a story that is equal parts measured police procedural and gripping suspense narrative. Weaving together dark family secrets both present and past with a chilling investigation, Sigurdardottir effortlessly delivers a standout Nordic thriller that will more than satisfy her longstanding fans, and is sure to open up new doors for her readership in the US. THE LEGACY is all the slow-burning, layered procedural a Nordic Noir reader could hope for, infused with the trademark dark imagination that has come to define Sigurdardottir’s own ever-developing legacy.