My Personal Favorites:
- THE HARRY HOLE SERIES by Jo Nesbø
- My favorite crime fiction series. Follows troubled detective Harry Hole (pronounced "Hoo-lay") as he battles his inner demons and the criminals of Oslo, Norway. Atmospheric, addictive, and gritty—no one writes crime fiction better than Jo Nesbø. My personal favorite: THE SNOWMAN. Find it here: Amazon • Barnes & Noble
- THE CROW GIRL by Erik Axl Sund
- THE DINNER by Herman Koch (Hogarth, 2013).
- THE WOMAN IN CABIN 10 by Ruth Ware (Gallery Books, 2016).
- BEHIND CLOSED DOORS by B.A. Paris (St. Martin's Press, 2016).
- THE CHILD by Fiona Barton (Berkley, June 2017).
- LIE TO ME by J.T. Ellison (MIRA, September 2017).
- The relationship between a bestselling author and his wife is thrown under the microscope when the wife goes missing. What dark secrets could this picture-perfect literary couple be hiding? This is "popcorn reading" in the best possible way - addictive and binge-worthy. Find it here: Amazon • Barnes & Noble
- THE GIRL BEFORE by JP Delaney (Ballantine, January 2017).
- "Please make a list of every possession you consider essential to your life." So begins the application to move into the home at the center of this novel. For two women who apply to live here, the consequences of this move will be devastating. A fresh take on psychological suspense with a dark romance element. Find it here: Amazon • Barnes & Noble
Looking for Nordic Noir recommendations? Head to my Nordic Noir-specific blog section for a whole page dedicated to finding the perfect Scandi crime read for you!
Cops vs. Killers:
THE D.I. HELEN GRACE SERIES by M.J. Arlidge (Berkley)
- Above and beyond my most-recommended series for fast-paced, addictive cops vs. killers action. Follow Detective Inspector Helen Grace as she faces off against killers in her city, and demons from her own past. Book 1: EENY MEENY. Find it here: Amazon • Barnes & Noble
THE FOURTH MONKEY by JD Barker (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, June 2017).
- A unique twist on the serial killer thriller. This book begins with the serial killer dying, and follows his development as we read through the entries in a journal he left behind. Simultaneously, detectives race to rescue his final victim, who is being held in an unnamed location. Violent, twisted, and addictive. Find it here: Amazon • Barnes & Noble